Petrograd, October 1917 : the Bolsheviks take power. 10 days ébranlèrent the world…
• Release Date : march 1928
• Directed by Sergei Mikhailovich Eisenstein, Grigori Aleksandrov
• Movie Russian
• With Nikolay Popov, Vasili Nikandrov, Layaschenko
• Duration : 1h 52min
• Original title : Oktjabr
Today, always in association with MrDomainePublic, the Blog Of The Film offers you to (re)discover the cult film d’ Eisenstein, October.
And as always, here are a few little anecdotes around this legendary film :
* Commissioned for the 10th anniversary of the bolshevik revolution, October is part of the classic films of the soviet propaganda.
* In the credits of the film, besides the actors, there are the soldiers of the Red Army, sailors of the Red Fleet, of workers and of the citizens of Leningrad.
* Originally silent, it was voiced in 1967, on a music by Dmitri Shostakovich.
* In this film, Eisenstein sets up the mounting symbolic. Passages which appeared originally Leon Trotsky are cut. It is for these reasons that, from that time, the director is more closely monitored by the regime. The powers that be would prefer him then authentic apparatchiks.
Good and nice projection !
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url