How can I make my fireplace more attractive?
10 Ways to Warm Up a Nonworking Fireplace
- No Heat Required.
- Fill It With Fire-Ready Logs Anyway.
- Embrace a More Organic Design.
- Fake Stacked Logs With a DIY Summer Front.
- Place Tiered Candles Inside.
- Cover It With an Ornate Fire Screen.
- Use It as a Shadow Box to Display a Favorite Object.
- Handsome Firebox.
How do you modernize an existing fireplace?
Learning to DIY: How to Update a Fireplace on a Budget
- Add a touch of paint. Gone are the days of design elements such as bold and bright red fireplaces and natural, oak-colored wall paneling and trim.
- Turn your brick to stone.
- Add a mantel.
- Think — and build — outside the box.
- Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize.
What can you do with a fake fireplace?
12 Stunning Faux Fireplace Ideas You’ll Want in Your Home
- Moveable Faux Fireplace Hearth. Here is a terrific example of a moveable fake fireplace from Make it Love it.
- Fake Brick Fireplace.
- Faux Fireplace Surround.
- Stacked Wood Faux Fireplace.
- Small DIY Fireplace.
- Faux Mantel.
- Board and Batten.
- Logs Covered in String Lights.
How do you dress up a gas fireplace?
Towards a gas fireplace that looks like a ‘real’ fireplace
- Step 1 | Install the burner bed on andirons with a grate or in a fire basket.
- Step 2 | Invest in beautiful ceramic logs.
- Step 3 | Place a fireback against the back wall of the fireplace.
- Step 4 | Place antique fireplace accessories around the fireplace.
Why do people hate TV over fireplace?
The biggest reason I fall into the “anti-television-over-mantel” camp is because it places the screen at an uncomfortable angle for viewing. You sit on the couch, looking very much like a crash test dummy in the second before an impact.
What can I put in my fireplace to make it glow?
Stick a small accent chair in your fireplace. It’ll function as decor and extra seating when you need it. See more at Amber Interiors. Just because your fireplace doesn’t work, doesn’t mean it should be in the dark. Placing candles in the space will give it an inviting glow.
How do you decorate a fireplace for Christmas?
Though this living room is decked out for Christmas, the string light-filled lanterns could work all year long. Go the classic route and pile logs in your fireplace to give it an inviting and homey feel, even if you can’t actually light them on fire.
How do you make an empty fireplace look good?
Nicole Hollis Studio’s solution was to paint over them with a dark or black color. This creates depth and makes the old-timey character of bricks more discreet. Do this if you want to make your empty fireplace look edgy but understated. Leanne Ford painted this entire nonfunctioning fireplace white—even the decorative firewood.
What makes a modern fireplace look modern?
The combination of heavy dark wood and delicate glass create an intriguing atmosphere, making your home feel comfortable and ultra-modern at the same time. The unique shape of this modern fireplace provides storage for your fuel while also evoking a piece of modern art.