How do I find my Alienware BIOS version?
How to Update Alienware BIOS
- Press Windows key + R key, type “msinfo32” in the Run box, and press Enter. In the System Information window, check System Model and BIOS Version.
- Press Windows key + R key, type “dxdiag” in the Run box, and press Enter.
- Does your PC have Dell SupportAssist software?
How do I flash BIOS Alienware?
No image on the screen after the BIOS update:
- Turn off the system.
- Unplug the AC Adapter or the power cord.
- Unplug the battery (Mobiles Only).
- Press and Hold the power button for 30 seconds.
- Connect everything back.
- Press and Hold the Fn key while turning on the system, let go when you see the Alienware logo.
How do I get to the Alienware boot menu?
- Access System Setup by pressing F2 key.
- Bring up the one-time boot menu by pressing F12 key.
How do I check my Dell BIOS version?
To identify the BIOS version using the BIOS interface:
- Restart the computer.
- Press F2 key at the Dell logo screen during startup.
- Under the Main or System Information tab, look for BIOS Version.
How do I boot from USB Alienware?
If you are booting from a USB device, connect the USB device to a USB port. Turn on (or restart) your computer. When F2 Setup, F12 Boot Options appear in the lower-right corner of the screen, press F12.
How do I use Alienware BIOS?
How to access the BIOS on your Alienware System?
- Turn On your System.
- Tap the F2 key repeatedly as the system turns on.
- BIOS should load after the Alienware logo screen.
How to update BIOS on Alienware X11 (R1) with Intel i7-3770?
Similar problems updating BIOS on an Alienware X11 (R1) from A11 to A14 running Windows 10 Home with an Intel i7-3770 . I followed instructions from Dell website 1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file. 2. Windows System will auto restart and update BIOS while system startup screen.
How do I download the latest version of my BIOS?
To download the latest version of your system BIOS go to dell.com/drivers/ The BIOS update file is a self executable installer, just run it and follow the On-Sceen instructions If your BIOS version is too old you may need to flash to other versions before getting to the latest.
How to update BIOS on X51 (R1)?
Re: Help updating Bios on X51 (R1) 1 Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file. 2 Windows System will auto restart and update BIOS while system startup screen. 3 After BIOS update finished, system will auto reboot to take effect.
How do I change the boot protocol in the BIOS?
In the BIOS you need to make two changes: 1. Change the boot protocol from UEFI to Legacy. You will be shown a caution screen that this may damage your OS. Make sure you do not allow your computer to boot to your operating system during this process. The steps ahead will cover this.