How do I fix my docx icon?
Set the MS Word as the Default Application for the . docx File Type
- Press the Windows key & in the search, type: Default Apps.
- Now open Choose Default Apps by File Types & expand the option in front of the .docx.
- Then choose Word & repeat the same to .docxml.
- Now reboot your PC & check if the icon issue is resolved.
How do I restore my Microsoft Word icon?
To restore these icons, follow these steps:
- Right-click the desktop and click Properties.
- Click the Desktop tab.
- Click Customize desktop.
- Click the General tab, and then click the icons that you want to place on the desktop.
- Click OK.
Where is my Microsoft Word icon?
Search in the start menu tuen you will be able to find it or else click on view and the icons would be visible the last thing would be opening it from file explorer press windows+E then you would see file explorer and explore your c directory and find word application and run it that’s all.
Why does my Word document look small?
Hover your mouse over the body of the document and then hold one of the Ctrl keys down while rotating the mouse wheel. This will adjust the zoom factor. A zoom slider should also be available in the lower right of the Word 2010 Starter application window.
Why did my Word documents changed to DOCX?
Starting in 2007 with the updated version of Word (and Microsoft Office), the default save format was changed to DOCX. This wasn’t simply a belated 1990s “extreme” version of the format—that extra X stands for the Office Open XML standard.
Why is my word icon not showing?
If the Office icons are blank after installing Office from the Microsoft Store, then Open Settings > Apps. Find Microsoft Office Desktop Apps in the app list, select it and click on Advanced options. Click Fix. Then wait till the process is over and then restart your computer.
How do I fix missing icons in Windows 10?
Troubleshoot Missing Desktop Icons
- Restart your PC.
- Enable Windows 10 desktop visibility.
- Disable Windows 10 Tablet mode.
- Update Windows 10.
- Use the system file checker to repair system files.
- Rebuild the icon cache with a command prompt.
- Reset your PC to factory settings if all else fails.
How do I put Microsoft Word icon on my desktop?
Create a desktop shortcut for an Office program
- Click the Windows key, and then browse to the Office program for which you want to create a desktop shortcut.
- Left-click the name of the program, and drag it onto your desktop. A shortcut for the program appears on your desktop.
How do I make my Word document bigger?
How to Enlarge Pages in Microsoft Word
- Click “Page Layout” in the Word ribbon.
- Click “Size” in the Page Setup group.
- Click “More Paper Sizes” to open the Page Setup dialog box.
- Select a size from the “Paper Size” dialog box or enter your own size in the “Width” and “Height” boxes.
- Click “OK.”
How do you Unshrink a Word document?
Restoring “Shrink One Page” in Word 2010 and 2013
- Click the arrow at the end of the Quick Access Toolbar and then choose More Commands.
- Choose Print Preview Tab from the list of options and then double-click on Shrink One Page.
- Click OK to close the Excel Options dialog box.
What is the difference between DOCX and DOC?
Put simply, . Doc is the older version of a Microsoft Word Document. DocX is the newer version, form versions of Microsoft Word 2007 onwards. Now before you jump in thinking that the added X makes the document extreme or better in some way, that X on the end just stands for ‘Office Open XML’.
How to fix the icons of Word document file types?
Follow these steps to fix the icons for Word document file types .docx and .doc: Exit the command Prompt window. Select Word from the list and click OK.
How do I change the default icon for a Word document?
Open admin command Prompt and then run the following command: assoc .docx=Word.Document.12. Exit the command Prompt window. Right-click on a .docx file and click Properties. Click the Change button. Select Word from the list and click OK. Repeat the same for .doc files if the .doc icons are showing as a plain white rectangle.
Why do my Word documents show an Internet Explorer icon instead?
All of my Word document files show an Internet Explorer icon instead of the Word icon. This may mean that Internet Explorer is being used to open the documents, but I don’t know how to change it. My other Office files have the correct icon.
How to fix Microsoft Office icons blank after installing?
Office icons are blank after installing Office from the Microsoft Store. Open the Windows Start menu and click Settings > Apps. Find Microsoft Office Desktop Apps in the app list, select it and click on Advanced options. Click Fix, wait for about one minute and then restart your device.