How do I sort TV shows on Plex?
For the “Plex TV Series” agent, it is recommended to always include the year alongside the series title in folder and file names, e.g. /Band of Brothers (2001)/Season 01/Band of Brothers (2001) – s01e01 – Currahee. mkv.
How do I add a series to my plex library?
To scan the TV show library in Plex, do the following:
- Log into your Plex server as an administrator.
- Move your mouse cursor over the TV show library in the library list in the left menu.
- Click the three dots that appear, and the select Scan Library Files from the menu that appears. Scan the TV show library files.
How do I name a 2 part movie in Plex?
Movies Split Across Multiple Files The split parts must be placed inside their own folder, named as usual for the movie. Name the files as follows: /Movies/MovieName (release year)/MovieName (release year) – Split_Name.
How do I organize my Plex library?
Typically, users group them by movies and TV shows, but you can divide them up however you want. If you want to have one collection of movies you share, and another you don’t, give them separate folders. You can further divide your library folders however you prefer, such as adding a new folder for each movie or show.
How do I add folders to Plex?
- Click to open the settings menu.
- Select Libraries under the Manage section of the settings menu.
- Click Add Library.
- Choose the library type from the selection.
- Name the library and choose the language to use for information gathered from the internet.
- Click Next, add the folders with the media files.
How do I add DVD extras to Plex?
Enable “Local Media Assets”
- Launch the Plex Web App.
- Choose Settings from the top right of the Home screen.
- Select your Plex Media Server from the settings sidebar.
- Choose Agents.
- Choose the Library Type and Agent you want to change.
- Ensure Local Media Assets is checked.
- Ensure Local Media Assets is topmost in the list.
How do I organize my video library?
5 best practices for organizing your video library
- 1) Categorize videos with folders, tags, and keywords.
- 2) Regularly update and archive your content.
- 3) Back up your videos in a secure central place.
- 4) Use video descriptions.
- 5) Sign up to a video library software.
Where is the Plex library stored?
The Plex data directory location is used to store files that are used by the Plex Media Server….Plex data directory location by system.
|Windows||%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server|
|MacOS||~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/|
How do I add local media to Plex?
How do I get previews on Plex?
Plex Media Server Settings
- Open Plex Web App.
- Go to Settings > Select the correct server > Extras.
- Choose the desired setting for the Cinema trailers preference.
How do I change the DVD order in Plex?
you should still be able to set the dvd order in plex on the series advanced options. click the series name in plex, then EDIT (you may have to click the 3 dots menu), then click advanced. there is a picture posted just above by Otto
What is the DVD ordering agent for?
This is for those tv shows that appear in a different order on the DVD than they were originally aired in. This agent should not be used as your primary agent for a section (unless of course you have a section consisting ONLY of stuff in dvd order). Instead, use this agent on a per-series basis, using the “match using” setting.
Where is the DVD order on TVDB?
the tvdb changed their web ui a while back, the dvd order is currently not displayed on their website. you should still be able to set the dvd order in plex on the series advanced options.