How do I stop autocorrect from correcting words on my iPhone?
Prevent Your iPhone from Autocorrecting Correct Words
- Go into your Settings app and navigate to the General —> Keyboard section.
- Tap the button called “Add New Shortcut.”
- For both the Phrase and Shortcut, enter the word you want autocorrect to ignore.
- When you’re done, tap Save.
How do I turn off autocorrect for certain words?
Turn AutoCorrect on or off in Word
- Go to File > Options > Proofing and select AutoCorrect Options.
- On the AutoCorrect tab, select or clear Replace text as you type.
How do I remove a misspelled word from spell check on my iPhone?
To manage text replacement, tap Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement. , then enter your phrase and shortcut. When you’re done, tap Save. To remove a text replacement, tap Edit, tap the Remove button then tap Delete.
Why does iPhone autocorrect correct words?
A big reason autocorrect keeps changing your words is because you may not be training it to stop unwanted changes. While you’re typing a text message, you will notice a small preview that continuously appears when autocorrect wants to change a word. Essentially, the feature is asking your permission to make a change.
How do you delete learned words on iPhone?
You can either erase all learned words by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary, or you can have your iPhone automatically censor out bad language that you type. To do the latter, go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Edit . You can then set a “censor” for bad language.
How do you add a word to not autocorrect?
Go to the AutoCorrect tab. Select the + sign at the bottom left of the dialog and type a word or phrase that you often misspell in the Replace column.
How do I change spell check on iPhone?
Step by step how to use spell check on iOS:
- From your Home Screen, go to “Settings”.
- Then go to “General”.
- Scroll down and go to “Keyboard”.
- Scroll down and find the “Check Spelling” switch.
- Tap the “Check Spelling” switch and the “Auto-Correction” switch.
How do you change auto lock on iPhone?
You can change the Auto-Lock setting that turns your screen off with a few clicks.
- Open Settings.
- Tap “Display & Brightness.”
- Tap “Auto-Lock.”
- Choose the amount of time you want your screen to stay on after you last touch your iPhone. Your options are 30 Seconds, anywhere from one to five minutes, and Never.
How do I delete learned words?
Delete Learned Words From a Google Device On the “Languages & input” screen, tap “Virtual keyboard“. Tap “Gboard“, which is now the default keyboard on Google devices. Tap “Dictionary” on the “Gboard keyboard settings” screen and then tap “Delete learned words“.
How do you remove words from Apple dictionary?
To reset your keyboard dictionary, head into your iPhone’s settings and tap on General. Scroll down till you see Reset and tap on Reset Keyboard Dictionary. You’ll then be prompted to enter your passcode (if you have one set) and then have the option to fully reset the predictive words from showing up.
How do you change autocorrect on iPhone?
Set up custom text replacements on iPhone or iPad
- With a document open, tap the More button .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Auto-Correction.
- Make sure that Text Replacement is turned on, then tap Replacements List.
- Tap the Add button . For Phrase, enter what you want the app to change the text to (for example, “©”).
How do you shut off spell check?
Click File > Options > Proofing, clear the Check spelling as you type box, and click OK. To turn spell check back on, repeat the process and select the Check spelling as you type box. To check spelling manually, click Review > Spelling & Grammar.
How do I Turn on spell check on my phone?
Step 1: Open the Settings menu. Step 2: Scroll down and select the General option. Step 3: Scroll down and select the Keyboard option. Step 4: Scroll down and tap the button to the right of Check Spelling. You have turned on the spell checker when there is green shading around the button.
How do you enable spell check on an iPhone?
Slide the “Check Spelling” button to the On position. Now your iPhone will underline misspelled words in red when you compose emails and text messages. Spell Check underlines words based on the dictionaries you have enabled on your iPhone.
How do I Turn Off spell check while texting?
Go to your text messages and open any conversation.