How do I Transpose data from columns to rows in Excel?
- Select the range of data you want to rearrange, including any row or column labels, and either select Copy.
- Select the first cell where you want to paste the data, and on the Home tab, click the arrow next to Paste, and then click Transpose.
Can we convert column to row in Excel?
If you have a worksheet with data in columns that you need to rotate to rearrange it in rows, use the Transpose feature. With it, you can quickly switch data from columns to rows, or vice versa. Note: If your data is in an Excel table, the Transpose feature won’t be available.
How do you transpose multiple rows in Excel?
1.2 Keyboard Shortcut
- 1.2 Keyboard Shortcut. We can also do this by using Keyboard Shortcut. First, select the range you want to transpose. Press Ctrl + C. Select the cell where you will transpose.
- First, select the range you want to transpose. Press Ctrl + C.
- After that from the drop-down select Transpose marked as red.
How do I transpose one column into multiple rows?
Transpose a single column to multiple columns with formulas
- In a blank cell C1, please enter this formula:=OFFSET($A$1,COLUMNS($A1:A1)-1+(ROWS($1:1)-1)*5,0), and then drag the fill handle from C1 to G1, see screenshot:
- Then go on dragging the fill handle down to the range as far as you need.
How do I transpose multiple columns into multiple rows?
1. Using Paste Special to Transpose Multiple Rows in Group to Columns
- 1.1 Ribbon Commands. First, We will discuss Ribbon commands. Select the range we want to transpose. Then go Home. From ribbon select Copy.
- Select the range we want to transpose. Then go Home.
- Now, click Transpose(T).
How do I convert columns to rows?
How to transpose columns and rows using Paste Special in Excel
- Open Excel and choose Blank workbook.
- Enter the data you’d like to shift around from a column to a row (or vice versa).
- Copy the entire data set by selecting each area, right-clicking, and selecting Copy.
How do I transpose multiple rows and columns in Excel?
How do you transpose data in Excel?
To transpose data, execute the following steps.
- Select the range A1:C1.
- Right click, and then click Copy.
- Select cell E2.
- Right click, and then click Paste Special.
- Check Transpose.
- Click OK.
How do you move columns into rows in Excel?
Select the column(s) you want to move to row(s), and press Ctrl + C keys together to copy the selection, and select a cell you want to place the result, and right click to show the context menu, and click Paste Special > Transpose. See screenshot:
What are way to copy column items into rows Excel?
Select the whole data and go to the HOME tab.
How do you switch columns to rows?
To switch rows to columns, performs these steps: Select the original data. Copy the selected cells either by right clicking the selection and choosing Copy from the context menu or by pressing Ctrl + C. Select the first cell of the destination range.
How to rotate columns to rows in Excel?
Select the whole data and right-click. It will open a list of items.