How do you text ESB reading?
There are a number of ways, which are listed below:
- Phone:1850 33 77 77.
- Text: 087 9609223 in the format: MPRN (space) reading.
- Email: [email protected]
- Online: You can submit a reading via the Submit a Meter Reading page on the ESB Networks website. Please have your Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) to hand.
How do I submit my meter reading?
If you have an online account
- Access your account online.
- Select ‘Submit a meter reading’
- Enter your current meter reading. Leave out any numbers after the decimal point or in red.
- Select ‘Submit’. A confirmation message will pop up and you’ll get an email too.
How do I submit a meter reading to Electric Ireland?
To submit a meter reading for electricity or gas over the phone, simply call 1800 372 372. All you will need is your electricity meter reading, the name on your Electric Ireland bill and the account number on your bill.
What button do I press to get a meter reading?
To read the meter:
- press the middle button.
- write down the number below ‘IMP’ from left to right.
- ignore any zeroes at the beginning and any numbers after the decimal point.
How do you read a meter from a prepaid meter?
Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) meter
- Press the red button ‘A’ once to see the level of credit remaining.
- Press twice to see the money owed.
- Press three times to see meter reading.
- Read figures from left to right, omitting any numbers after the comma.
How often should my meter be read?
Suppliers should read your meter every two years on average, mainly to check everything is OK with the installation (and as a former meter reader, to check you haven’t fiddled the meter – it happens more often than you think!)
When should I submit my electric meter reading?
How often should I submit my gas and electric meter readings? Unless you’re on a smart meter, you should submit a meter reading every month, two days or so before your payment date, to make sure your bills are accurate.
When should I submit my meter readings?
The best time to submit your meter readings is about 15 days before the payment due date. So if your due date is 1st, then your reading should be recorded on 15th. These are of the most common domestic meters. They show exactly how your water consumption is recorded.
When can I submit my meter reading?
Please submit meter reading within 5 days after your bill issue date and we will then send you an adjusted bill. To submit a reading, please login to Your Account Online (sign up here if not registered).
Should I submit a meter reading?
For most tariffs, it’s not compulsory to submit a meter reading. But it’s worth doing, as it means you’ll end up with a more accurate bill. In most cases, if you don’t provide a meter reading, your supplier will estimate your energy usage, then base your bill on a best guess.
How do I get a meter reading from a smart meter?
To get a reading from these smart meters:
- Press 9 on the keypad.
- A series of letters will appear: IMP KWH.
- Then you’ll see 8 digits (e.g. 0012565.3) followed by kWh at the bottom right of the screen.
- This is your read, so in this case your reading would be 12565.
How do I Send my meter reading to ESB Networks?
You can also text your electricity meter reading to ESB Networks at 0879609223. Please send your reading in the format of your MPRN followed by a space and then your meter reading. e.g. 10009998888 31480. Please note: it is important not to send us more than one reading on the same day, as this could delay your bill.
How do I submit a meter reading?
Online: You can submit a reading via the Submit a Meter Reading page on the ESB Networks website. If you wish to submit your reading to your supplier all you need is your Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) and your meter reading. Suppliers have a number of ways to submit a reading including, for example online, by phone or app.
How often do you take my meter reading?
To take your meter reading, you need to know what kind of meter you have. How often do you read my electricity meter? There is a two-monthly cycle for meter reading i.e. 6 readings per year. We endeavour to get four actual readings per year taken by an ESB Networks’ representative who calls to your home.
What happens if I am not at home when the meter reader calls?
If you are not at home when the Meter Reader calls, the Meter Reader will leave a card in your letterbox inviting you to send in the reading yourself. If you submit a reading within 24 hours of receiving a card, it can be used by your Electricity Supplier to calculate your next bill.