Each day, the writing of the Blog Cinema advise you 2 movies to see on tv that night : a film on all of the channels, and another one exclusively on TNT, so not to injure anyone.
The program tonight : Nothing on the DTT channels, and Miracle at Santa Anna on Ciné+ Club.
Your remote control !
- ON TNT
Unusual for a Tuesday, but there is no film that has been recommended this evening on TNT !
- ON OTHER CHANNELS
MIRACLE AT SANTA ANNA
On Ciné+ Club at 20.45
Technical data sheet
Original title : Miracle at St. Anna
Achievement : Spike Lee
Screenplay : James McBride
Main actors : Derek Luke, Michael Ealy, Laz Alonso, Omar Benson Miller, John Turturro, Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Producers : Roberto Cicutto, Spike Lee, Luigi Musini
Production companies : 40 Acres & A Mule Filmworks, On My Own, Rai Cinema, Touchstone Pictures
Country of origin : United States, Italy
Genre : War drama
Released : June 7, 2011 (DVD)
Duration : 160 minutes
Budget : 45 000 000 $
Today, the United States, a black american on the eve of his retirement kills coldly another man with an old gun German. The search of the apartment of the murderer reveals the head of a statue Italian of great value, lost in Florence during the Second world War. The man, locked up in an asylum, tells his story to a journalist. This one dates back to an episode of the Italian campaign…
• The film is adapted from the novel Miracle at St. Anna James McBride, published in 2003. The author draws on the experience of his uncle during the Second world War. He made researches and studies mainly from the us Army, consisting of 15 000 soldiers, African-Americans, who served in Italy during world War ii – August 1944 to November 1945.
• For more authenticity, Spike Lee wants Italian speakers embody the Italian soldiers. A casting is then held at Rome. The players selected are then coached to speak like the Italian Tuscany. All the actors portraying soldiers then follow an internship in training camp with the advisor Billy Budd, a veteran of the Royal Marines and who served during the Falklands War.
• In July 2011, the distribution arm of TF1, TF1 audiovisual Rights, is ordered to pay 32 million to the company producing the film On My Own and Spike Lee. TF1 has not complied with the contract stipulating that the chain was to distribute the film internationally. Thus, the film has hardly been seen outside of the United States. TF1 blamed the film does not match the original contract. A petition is then created for the movie to be released.
• The film creates a controversy in Italy when the Anpi (national Association of the resistance of Italy) condemns the historic mistakes in the film, especially in regard to the causes of the massacre of Sant’anna di Stazzema. In the film “the partisans” italians are presented as having collaborated in the massacre with the Nazis, which would be false according to the resistant Italian.
• Black Reel Awards 2008 : best actor for Derek Luke, best revelation for Omar Benson Miller, best director for Spike Lee, best cast, best film, best screenplay for James McBride
• NAACP Image Awards 2009 : best actor for Derek Luke, best director for Spike Lee’s best film
[Source : Wikipedia]
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url