What are some listening activities?
Below are some fun and interactive ways to provide listening practice in your lessons.
- Listen and draw a story.
- Adjectives draw.
- Blindfold walk.
- Listening with flashcards.
- Secret Message.
- Guess what it is.
- Put in order.
- Listening dialogs.
What is an active listening activity?
Active listening definition Active listening requires the listener to fully concentrate, understand, respond and then remember what is being said. You make a conscious effort to hear and understand the complete message being spoken, rather than just passively hearing the message of the speaker.
How do you create a listening activity?
ESL Listening Activities Tips
- Play the piece at least twice. Always play the piece at least twice.
- Comprehension questions. You can create comprehension questions for your students to answer on the second listening.
- Fill out the blanks script.
- Go over the new vocabulary beforehand.
- Splitting the piece.
Which is an example of active listening?
Examples of Active Listening Techniques Demonstrating concern. Paraphrasing to show understanding. Using nonverbal cues which show understanding such as nodding, eye contact, and leaning forward. Brief verbal affirmations like “I see,” “I know,” “Sure,” “Thank you,” or “I understand”
How do you prepare students for a listening activity?
Before Listening >
- Set a goal.
- Build Background. Help students connect what they already know with what they will hear in the audio story by asking questions about their personal experiences with the topic.
- Prepare the Environment.
- Introduce Listening Strategies.
- Scaffold Note-Taking.
How do you promote active listening in the classroom?
Principles of Active Listening
- Focus on what is being said. Give the speaker your undivided attention.
- Don’t prejudge or assume you already know the material.
- Repeat what you just heard.
- Ask the speaker to expand or clarify.
- Listen for verbal cues and watch for nonverbal cues.
- Listen for requests.
What are the instruction sheets for the active listening games?
All of the Active Listening games, activities, and exercises for adults are formatted as self-contained instruction sheets consisting of: An ‘In Brief’ summary of the Active Listening games. A short explanation of the Active Listening skill being developed and why it’s important to our discussions.
What are some fun things to do in a conference call?
I personally like the Virtual Dance Party that should be fun and interesting in a conference call. You know another idea to get though our crazy day is a break video call with everyone and play the game UNO while drinking our virgin cocktails and eating some chips with guacamole or salsa sauce.
What are some fun virtual team building activities for conference calls?
You found our list of fun virtual team building activities for conference calls. Virtual team building activities are group games, challenges and exercises via platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Google Meet. Examples of activity types include icebreaker questions, virtual campfires, and group fitness classes.
Which team building exercises foster good communication and listening skills?
One team building exercise that fosters good communication and listening skills would be a virtual game of telephone. Everyone breaks into groups of five or six. One team member hears a short presentation, protocol or practice customer call.