What are the rules of blogging?
Here are 20 golden rules to help you build a great blog for your business:
- Give it a snappy, interesting title.
- Keep it short.
- Lead, don’t follow.
- Produce original content.
- Consistency is key.
- Stay human.
- Social media and blogging are not the same.
- Don’t focus on the wrong things.
How do you cite a picture from a blog?
If you’re using it in a blog post or on your website, put the name of the creator and a link to their website or the source of the image beneath it. The format should be something like this: “Photo by [artist name with their website hyperlinked]” or “Image by [artist name] via [website hyperlinked].”
How do you cite a blog apa style?
Citing a Blog Post
- General Format. Author, A. A. (Year, Month Date). Title of blog post. Blog Name. https://xxxxx.
- For Example. Kaufman, S. B. (2019, November 6). Can empathetic concern actually increase political polarization? Beautiful Minds.
- Corresponding In-Text Citation. (Kaufman, 2019) OR. Kaufman (2019)
Can I blog about anything?
We’ve established that if you’re blogging for fun and not for money, you can write about anything. This is because you do not need to be concerned about traffic when working on a personal blog.
On what topics can I write a blog?
Don’t know what to blog about? Here are 81 blog topic and blog ideas to get you thinking on what to write about.
- Self improvement / personal development (how you overcame some obstacle or started a new habit, and what you learned)
- Health & fitness for busy people.
- Learning a new language.
What are the do’s and don’ts of blogging?
A Few More Do’s and Don’ts of Blogging
- DO: Write Authentically.
- DON’T: Write What You Think Will Attract Followers.
- DO: Let Your Words Breathe.
- DO: Include Credited Images.
- DON’T: Be Careless.
- DO: Write a Great Title.
- DO: Proofread Your Work.
- DON’T: Spend Weeks Tweaking One Post.
Should blogs be double spaced?
The Spacing of Your Blog Use a double space in-between sub-headers and paragraph text. Make sure any line of text that you’d like to highlight as a “heading tag” resides on its own line. Images should also have a “hard return” space before and after to allow for padding in-between text.
No one. Last but not least, here’s the cardinal rule of blogging: Don’t treat your blog like a vacuum where it’s just you and your computer. Talk to fellow bloggers, reach out to followers, link to other people’s interesting posts, and make connections. Blogging, like anything else in life, is what you make of it!
What are the 5 steps in summarizing a text?
- Read and understand the text carefully.
- Think about the purpose of the text. Ask what the author’s purpose is in writing the text?
- Select the relevant information.
- Find the main ideas – what is important.
- Change the structure of the text.
- Rewrite the main ideas in complete sentences.
- Check your work.
How do you cite a blog post?
- Author of message.
- Year that the site was published/last updated (in round brackets).
- Title of message (in single quotation marks).
- Title of internet site (in italics).
- Day/month of posted message.
- Available at: URL.
- (Accessed: date).
How do you reference a website Harvard style?
Basic format to reference material from the web
- Author or authors. The surname is followed by first initials.
- Title (in italics).
- Publisher. Where there is a corporate author, the publisher and author may be the same.
- Date viewed.
- Web address .
How do you cite a website example?
The format for citing an article from an online newspaper, magazine, or blog is the same as a general web page citation….Citing online articles.
|Format||Author last name, First name. “Title of Article.” Website Name, Day Month Year, URL.|
How do you mention a blog on a resume?
If your blog is a legitimate complement to your professional life, include it in the “Experience” section of your resume. Give yourself a job title (“Digital Marketing Blogger”, for example), and add the dates you’ve been blogging. Be sure to mention the exact name of the blog you’ve been writing for.
What does it mean to cite sources?
Citing or documenting information sources is an important part of the research process. Once your research paper is complete it will be necessary to create a Bibliography or List of Works Cited. To cite a source means to give credit for the original source of information, an idea, or way of articulating an idea.
Do blog posts need to be cited?
It’s highly likely that at some point while writing or blogging, you’ll want to refer to an article or blog post that you read online. You should do this by citing the original author’s name and the website or blog name where the quote was originally used, along with a link to the original source.
How do you reference a website in text?
Cite web pages in text as you would any other source, using the author and date if known. Keep in mind that the author may be an organization rather than a person. For sources with no author, use the title in place of an author. For sources with no date use n.d. (for no date) in place of the year: (Smith, n.d.).
How do you do APA citation for a website?
APA website citations usually include the author, the publication date, the title of the page or article, the website name, and the URL….Websites with no date.
|Format||Last name, Initials. (n.d.). Page title. Site Name. Retrieved Month Day, Year, from URL|
|In-text citation||(University of Amsterdam, n.d.)|
What are the 3 types of citations?
There are (3) major citation styles used in academic writing:
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Chicago, which supports two styles: Notes and Bibliography. Author-Date.
How do you reference a website example?
Include information in the following order:
- author (the person or organisation responsible for the site)
- year (date created or last updated)
- page title (in italics)
- name of sponsor of site (if available)
- accessed day month year (the day you viewed the site)
- URL or Internet address (pointed brackets).
Do you have to cite in a summary?
You do not need to use quotation marks. Always use in-text citations when you paraphrase or summarize, to let the reader know that the information comes from another source.
What type of source is a blog?
Primary Sources They are usually Speeches, Interviews and Conversations, and they may be captured in Videos, Audio Recordings, or transcribed into text. What people write. These include Autobiographies, Memoirs, Personal Journals and Diaries, Letters, Emails, Blogs, Twitter Feeds and other forms of Social Media.
What is blog example?
A blog (a shortened version of “weblog”) is an online journal or informational website displaying information in reverse chronological order, with the latest posts appearing first, at the top. It is a platform where a writer or a group of writers share their views on an individual subject.
How do you cite sources?
MLA citing format often includes the following pieces of information, in this order: Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of Source.” Title of Container, other contributors, version, numbers, publisher, publication date, location.
What is needed for a good summary?
A good summary should give an objective outline of the whole piece of writing. It should answer basic questions about the original text such as “Who did what, where, and when?”, or “What is the main idea of the text?”, “What are the main supporting points?”, “What are the major pieces of evidence?”.
Why do we need to cite sources?
Citing or documenting the sources used in your research serves three purposes: It gives proper credit to the authors of the words or ideas that you incorporated into your paper. It allows those who are reading your work to locate your sources, in order to learn more about the ideas that you include in your paper.
How do you credit a website?
Citation Guide: How to cite WEBSITES Provide the website name (without italics) in the source element. Include a period after the website name, followed by the URL. When the author of the work is the same as the website name, omit the site name from the source element to avoid repetition.
How do I cite a blog in APA?
How do you cite references in a paper?
You must cite all information used in your paper, whenever and wherever you use it. When citing sources in the body of your paper, list the author’s last name only (no initials) and the year the information was published. If you use a direct quote, add the page number to your citation, like this: (Dodge, 2008, p.