What is MSIServer?
Windows Installer service (msiserver) manages all the installation process of the Windows operating system. You will experience issues if the service is faulty. In a disabled state, services depending on Windows Installer will not start properly.
How do I enable MSIServer?
Open the Registry Editor app. Create a new subkey here named “MSIServer”. In the right pane, set the default value of the MSIServer key to “Service” as shown below. This will enable Windows Installer in the regular Safe Mode (without network support).
How do I start MSIServer in Safe Mode?
Then you can press Windows + R, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run CMD as administrator. Type the command net start msiserver in Command Prompt window, and press Enter to enable Windows Installer in Safe Mode in Windows 10.
How do I enable installation in Safe Mode?
- Press Shift while clicking Restart.
- A screen should pop up with three options.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Choose Startup settings.
- You will see a preview list of options that will appear if you continue.
- Select the number that corresponds to Enable Safe Mode with command prompt.
How do I stop MSI installer from running?
To block MSI installer, you can turn off Windows Installer using group policy or registry tweak. Open Local Group Policy Editor and expand Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Installer . Double-click the policy named “Turn off Windows Installer” in the right pane.
How do I fix installation is forbidden by system policy?
How to Fix “The installation is forbidden by system policy” Error
- Fix #1: Update Your Device Drivers.
- Fix #2. Edit Local Group Policy.
- Fix #3. Check Local Security Settings.
- Fix #4. Enable Windows Installer service.
- Fix #5. Change BIOS settings.
- Fix #6. Change Windows registry.
- Fix #7: Disable UAC.
Can I download software in Safe Mode?
In these situations you may wish to try installing the software in Safe Mode. Safe Mode is a mode in which Windows loads only the bare minimum services and applications to start up. This will ensure no other application or service is running that may interfere with your installation.
Can I reinstall Windows 10 in Safe Mode?
Yes, you cannot install Windows in Safe Mode. What you’re trying to run is a Repair Upgrade which can only be run from Windows. So you’d need to repair it enough to get it to start.
Can I install Windows 10 in Safe Mode?
No, you cannot install Windows 10 in Safe Mode. What you need to do is set aside some time and temporarily disable other services that are using your Internet to facilitate downloading Windows 10.
How do I reinstall Windows Installer?
To reinstall the Windows Installer, follow these steps.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following lines.
- At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER.
- Restart your computer.
- Update the Windows Installer files to the latest version.
How do I disable installer?
Open Local Group Policy Editor and expand Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Installer . Double-click the policy named “Turn off Windows Installer” in the right pane. Select Enabled. Click the “Disable Windows Installer” drop-down list and select Always.