What is the most useful second language?
To help you out, we’ve chosen the six most valuable second languages for English speakers to learn.
- Spanish (405 million native speakers)
- Mandarin Chinese (955 million native speakers)
- German (95 million native speakers)
- French (75 million native speakers)
- arabic (295 million native speakers)
What is the best free online French course?
- 11 Great Free Online Courses for Learning French. Find Your Degree!
- Basic French Language Skills for Everyday Life. Offered by Alison.
- Learn French. Offered by Duolingo.
- French Language Studies-Introduction.
- French I.
- TV5Monde Get Started for Free in French A1.
- Talk French.
- Ma France: French Video Course for Post-Beginners.
Is French still useful?
French is extremely useful to know just to make your written and spoken English sound more intelligent as there are large number of expressions that can be used in English. Most DVDs sold in the US include a French audio track, which is pretty convenient if you already have a large collection.
Where can I learn French online for free?
Here are just a few websites that offer online French lessons at no cost:
- TV5 Monde: TV5 Monde offers French learners a variety of news articles organized by CEFR level.
- EdX: The online learning portal EdX has a free French language course from WestonHS called On-Ramp to AP® French Language and Culture.
How can I teach French virtually?
Here are some teaching ideas and tips for to help you ace your online French classes.
- Design a curriculum that works for the online environment. Reshape your lesson plans to make them fit for virtual classroom.
- Make classes more efficient.
- Use interactive teaching tools.
- Make homework work for you.
Why is French easier than Spanish?
French is easier… French has fewer verb tenses/moods than Spanish. French has a total of 15 verb tenses/moods, four of which are literary and rarely used, thus only 11 are used in daily French. While the subjunctive is the bane of students of both languages, it is more difficult and much more common in Spanish.
Is French dying out?
It’s not that French is dead or even dying on the global stage. French is still one of the official languages of the UN, Nato, the International Olympic Committee and Eurovision. But the days of its global pomp, when it was the language of international diplomacy and spoken by much of the global elite, are long gone.
Can you learn French in 3 months?
Très bien ! French is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, being official in 29 countries. While you certainly won’t master it in three months, especially if you can only put a few hours a week into it, if you want to have your initial plan of action here’s how I’d suggest you learn French.
Is Babbel better than DuoLingo?
Users have stated that while both language apps offer basic grammar and vocabulary lessons for all their languages, Babbel has a stronger focus on conversation phrases. Compared to Duolingo, Babbel also appears to be buggier with less of an intuitive user experience.
What is the best online French course?
The 9 Best Online French Classes of 2021
- Best Overall: Berlitz.
- Best Budget: FrenchPod101.
- Best for Kids and Teens: French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF)
- Best Audio-Based: Rocket French.
- Best Dialogue-Based: Babbel.
- Best Immersion-Based: Rosetta Stone.
- Best for Humor and Entertainment: Frantastique.
- Best Flexible: Lingoda.