What skincare products contain kojic acid?
Kojic Acid Products That Will Zap Your Most Stubborn Dark Spots
- Glytone Dark Spot Corrector.
- 111SKIN 3 Phase Anti Blemish Booster.
- SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense.
- iS Clinical Pro-Heal Serum Advance Plus.
- Glo Skin Beauty Brightening Polish.
- Dermelect Beautone Enlightening Spot Treatment.
What skin type is kojic acid good for?
Kojic acid may be helpful for people who have dark spots on their skin due to sun damage, aging, or scars. Some people with certain skin conditions or allergies may be advised not to use kojic acid, however. It is always best to talk to a dermatologist to make sure using products containing kojic acid is safe.
Is kojic acid allowed in Australia?
The chemical is banned in Europe, but can be found in products sold in Australia. Since 2000, there had only been six adverse drug reactions related to the use of hydroquinone recorded in its database, the TGA said.
Which serum has kojic acid?
The Best Products With Kojic Acid
- SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense $98.
- PCA Skin Pigment Bar $40.
- Glytone Dark Spot Corrector $38.
- iS Clinical Super Serum Advanced Plus $155.
- DCL Dermatologic Cosmetic Laboratories AHA Lightening Gel $55.
- La Roche-Posay Mela-D Pigment Control Serum $40.
Can kojic acid be used with vitamin C?
3. While kojic dipalmitate can be used on its own, its benefits can be heightened by using it in combination with both AHAs like lactic acid, glycolic acid, vitamin C and arbutin.
Is glutathione legal in Australia?
Listed medicines in Australia cannot be sold for “skin whitening/lightening” The Department of Health does not consider the use of glutathione for skin lightening purposes.
Does kojic acid soap really lighten the skin?
Many people use kojic acid soaps on a regular basis to lighten the overall complexion of the skin. In skin care products kojic acid work as a skin whitener by inhibiting the production of melanin, the brown pigmentation that gives your skin it’s colour.
Is kojic acid bad for your skin?
Over time, long-term use of kojic acid may make your skin more susceptible to sunburn. Keep this in mind, and be particularly mindful of using sunscreen or wearing protective clothing. You should never use kojic acid on damaged or broken skin. Some countries have banned this product because of a potential connection to the development of cancer.
Can kojic acid permanently lighten skin and how it works?
No, kojic acid does not have the ability to permanently bleach or lighten your skin. Although kojic acid can lighten and brighten your skin, it is not destroying the melanin – kojic acid is only disrupting the production of melanin.
Should you use hydroquinone or kojic acid?
Both hydroquinone and kojic acid are effective at treating hyperpigmentation. They work even better when used together. I recommend you start with kojic acid because it’s a little gentler and, if that doesn’t work, move onto hydroquinone or a combo of them.