Why do you congratulate someone?
It’s important to understand that congratulations aren’t only given in order to praise someone’s successes—which is where the second part of its definition comes into play. It’s also a way of recognizing and supporting someone’s happiness and good fortune.
Which name should come first?
Conventional etiquette dictates that the man’s name goes first, then the wife and then the children, from oldest to youngest. However, it is perfectly acceptable to put the woman’s name first, especially if she is the one most closely connected to the recipient.
How do you address a letter to an engaged couple?
Address a married couple using “Mr.” and “Mrs.” followed by the shared last name. For example, “Mr. and Mrs. Doe.”
What do you say at the end of a graduation speech?
As you approach the end of your talk, say something like, “Let me briefly restate these main points…” You then list your key points, one by one, and repeat them to the audience, showing how each of them links to the other points. Audiences appreciate a linear repetition of what they have just heard.
How long should a graduation speech be?
A: Student graduation speeches usually range from 5-12 minutes. A principal or an outside person would generally speak 15-20 minutes. Q: Is it possible to come up with an original graduation speech? A: Yes, and speakers should come up with a speech that is true to the speaker.
Can you say many congratulations?
So, following this principle, many should not be used with thanks and congratulations. But, think that thanks and congratulations are used in plural forms and considered plural. Also, plura Verbs are used with both these Nouns. And that’s why few, several, many can be used with both of them.
How do you express congratulations in English?
Formal Exclamations to Congratulate Someone in English
- Congratulations! You deserve this success.
- Congratulations on your hard work.
- My sincere/heartfelt/warmest congratulations to you.
- I commend you on your accomplishments/success.
- Well done!
- That’s wonderful news.
Are there any tax benefits to being married?
Filing together can get you more deductions and other tax benefits. For many people, getting married and filing a joint allows for more deductions. Typically you can deduct up to 50 percent of your adjusted gross income for charitable contributions.
How do you write a good graduation speech?
10 Tips for Writing the Best Graduation Speech
- Start out by thanking someone.
- Don’t make it all about you.
- Google it.
- Keep it short and sweet.
- Don’t say anything you’ll regret in 20 years.
- Inspire your fellow students.
- Don’t use famous quotes.
- Don’t write “what’s expected.”
When addressing a couple who comes first?
Addressing a Couple Nowadays, the order of the names—whether his name or hers comes first—does not matter and either way is acceptable. The exception is when one member of the couple ‘outranks’ the other—the one with the higher rank is always listed first.
How do you wish someone who got engaged?
- Congratulations on your wedding engagement!
- Congratulations to a beautiful couple.
- Congratulations to the future bride and groom!
- Congratulations on your new journey together.
- Congratulations on taking this exciting step together.
- Congratulations on finding each other.
What do you say for graduation?
- “Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Warmest congratulations on your graduation.”
- “Congratulations on your graduation and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “So happy to share in the excitement of your graduation day, and so very proud of you, too!”
- “With love and pride today and always,”
How do you address a save the date to an engaged couple?
How to Address Save the Dates to Married Couples. You should include both people’s names in the couple. You can go the traditional route and include titles and full names, but since this is a save the date rather than a formal invitation, it’s also perfectly acceptable to leave off the titles—again, it’s up to you.
Can a woman keep her maiden name when she gets married?
Anyone is free to keep their own name, hyphenate their name with a spouse’s name, take their spouse’s name, or come up with a completely different name altogether. Legally changing your name after marriage can include any of the following: Changing your name to your spouse’s last name.
In what occasion situation do we congratulate someone?
Often English learners say congratulations when they mean good job or well done! When you want to tell someone that they have done well on a project, taught a class well, given a good speech, or generally done something well, you can say: Good job on the report! I think the executives will like it.
What do you say to an engaged couple?
Engagement Congratulations Messages
- You’re engaged!
- Congratulations on this exciting time in your lives!
- Well, this is BIG news!
- I hope your future together is filled with infinite happiness, laughter, and love.
- This is the beginning of your happily ever after.
- Congratulations to the future bride and groom.
What should a graduation speech include?
High School Graduation Speech Ideas
- Look to the future.
- Thank your teachers and parents.
- Recall class memories.
- Try not to rely on pop culture references.
- Ask yourself: what makes this class unique?
- Is there anything you want to say but can’t fit it into your speech?
Does your name automatically change when you get married?
Since your name does not change automatically when you get married, you have to make sure you follow all the necessary legal steps to changing your name after the wedding.
Do you wish someone congratulations?
The word congratulate is linked to the Latin word congratulari, meaning “wish joy.” When you congratulate someone, you wish him or her joy, usually to celebrate an accomplishment or good fortune.
How do you address Husband and wife doctors?
When addressing a wedding invitation to a doctor, proper etiquette dictates that the spouse with the professional title is listed first. This means that you will write “Dr. and Mrs.” or “Dr.
What should I Caption my engagement photos?
Cute Engagement Captions
- The easiest “Yes” I’ve ever said.
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
- We’ll be the cutest old couple ever.
- All the feels.
- We’re getting married (!!!!)
- The beginning of forever.
- My person… for life.
- I said yaaaaaas.
How do you wish a couple?
Casual Wedding Wishes
- “Best wishes!”
- “Congratulations on your wedding!”
- “We’re/I’m so happy for you!”
- “Wishing you lots of love and happiness.”
- “We/I love you. Congrats!”
- “Lots of love today and beyond.”
- “Here’s a little something to start your life together.” (If you’re including a gift.)