How do I get my long form DD214?

How do I get my long form DD214?

You can request your military records in any of these ways:

  1. Mail or fax a Request Pertaining to Military Records (Standard Form SF 180) to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC).
  2. Write a letter to the NPRC.
  3. Visit the NPRC in person.
  4. Contact your state or county Veterans agency.
  5. Hire an independent researcher.

What is a DD214 long form?

The DD Form 214 is a complete and thorough document that verifies a service member’s proof of military service. This Certificate of Release or Discharge form is issued through the Department of Defense and is typically issued at the final out processing appointment prior to retirement or separation.

Can I get a digital copy of my DD214?

Most veterans and their next of kin can obtain FREE copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) via online access. To use the system, you must be a military veteran, next of kin of a deceased member of the military, or former member of the military.

How do I get a free copy of my DD214?

You can request a FREE copy of your DD Form 214 simply by visiting the official United States Government site and filling out an online form.

How do I get my DD214 from eBenefits?

Retrieving DD-214 in eBenefits

  1. First, select Manage and then select Documents and Records.
  2. Second, the Access Your Documents and Records screen will appear.
  3. Next, select Military Personnel File.
  4. Third, the What is DPRIS?
  5. Then, select Request Your OMPF Information.

Who do I contact to get a copy of my DD214?

To obtain your DD-214 on your own, submit your request via the National Archives and Records Administration webpage or call 314-801-0800.

Who is eligible for DD214?

Members’ Military Personnel Section’s will generate these forms upon their return from training. Members are eligible to receive a DD Form 214 based on consecutive active duty periods of 90 days or more. Performing in drill status during a 90-day period would break this up and restart the day count.

Can I see my DD214 online?

It’s official, DD-214’s are NOW Online. This may be particularly helpful when a veteran needs a copy of his DD-214 for employment purposes. NPRC is working to make it easier for veterans with computers and Internet access to obtain copies of documents from their military files.

Can I see my DD-214 online?

How do I get my DD-214 from eBenefits?

When did the Army start using form DD214?

*** The DD Form 214 has been issued by all military services since January 1, 1950. Before January 1, 1950, several similar forms were used by the military services.

What does DD214 stand for?

A DD-214 stands for “Department of Defense Form DD-214“, though its official name is the “Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty“. Whenever a member of the U.S. Armed Services leaves active duty, the soldier is issued a DD214 form to show their service and the state of their discharge from the Armed Forces.

Where can I request my DD214?

Military Personnel Files, in general, are stored at the National Personnel Records Center, in St. Louis. In order to get an Official Copy of your DD 214, you can either make a request directly to the National Personnel Records Center (Turnaround is 90 days) or you can hire an authorized expeditor to get the DD214 for you.

How to get a copy of my DD214?

– Option 1: Request your copy online by visiting the National Archives Website – Option 2: Mail the DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138 – Request a copy from your losing unit’s orderly room or command support staff – Get an electronic copy via the VA eBenefits site – Fax a DD Form 214 request with Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to NPRC (314) 801-9049

Begin typing your search term above and press enter to search. Press ESC to cancel.

Back To Top