How do you bypass the overload relay on a refrigerator?
Use a flathead screwdriver to press down on the space between the relay and its casing. Then, press on the relay itself and pull it out to remove it from the refrigerator. Slide the wire from the relay so it’s accessible.
How do I reset my Maytag refrigerator compressor?
How to Reset the Compressor of a Maytag Fridge
- Step 1: Disconnect Power Cord. Locate the power cord and disconnect it from the power outlet.
- Step 2: Turn Off Internal Controls.
- Step 3: Connect Power Cord Again.
- Step 4: Set Controls.
- Step 5: Stabilize Temperature.
What does a refrigerator overload relay do?
The overload relay is a protection device used in the compressor circuit on your refrigerator. Power is applied to the compressor motor windings through the overload device, and the relay is used to add the start winding in the circuit until the compressor is at running speed.
What causes compressor thermal overload?
When a compressor is tripping and very hot the term used is: thermal overload. The outside coil is dirty or folded over so that the system has trouble rejecting heat, this causes the compressor to have to work harder and hence get warmer.
How do I reset my Maytag refrigerator?
Reset the refrigerator
- Power unit down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) or unpluging the product for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Power unit up by turning on the circuit breaker(s) or plugging the product back in.
- Ensure the cooling function is turned on.
- Test the control panel functionality.
How do you test an overload relay?
Overload Protection Test:
- Measure the normal motor running current (i motor).
- Turn off the motor and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Calculate the following ratio: i (motor) / i (overload min FLA).
- Set the overload to its minimum FLA and turn on the motor.
- Wait for the overload to trip.