How do you cite a primary source in text Chicago?
Chicago Citation Format
- Author last name, first name, middle initial, if given.
- Title of Site (italicized); a subsection of a larger work is in quotes.
- Editor of site, if given.
- Publication information, including latest update if available.
- Name of sponsoring institution or organization.
- Electronic address or URL.
How do you cite CNN?
MLA style is similar to the more formal APA style but eliminates the “retrieved from” wording before the URL and references “CNN” three times — once as the immediate source — CNN.com — and then twice more, identifying the company that controls the website by its initials — CNN — and then spelling out the …
How do you cite a news broadcast in Chicago?
Reference Entry: “Episode or Segment Title.” Name of Program. Network Name. Station Location: Call Letters of Station, Broadcast Date.
How do you cite a script in Chicago style?
- Name of the movie script author.
- Name of the movie script (Manuscript)
- Name of the city where the script was published (if this has been published)
- Publisher’s name (if this has been published)
- Page number from where the citation has been picked.
- URL of the script (if it is taken from an online source)
How do you cite twitter in Chicago?
Last name, First name. Twitter Post. Month Day, Year, Time. Tweet URL.
How do you cite Internet sources in Chicago style?
General format Firstname Lastname, “Title of Web Page,” Publishing Organization or Name of Website, publication date and/or access date if available, URL. Shortened note (after it has been used once): 4. Lastname, “Shortened title.”
How do you introduce in-text citations?
When you quote another writer’s words, it’s best to introduce or contextualize the quote. Don’t forget to include author’s last name and page number (MLA) or author, date, and page number (APA) in your citation….Examples:
- According to Smith, “[W]riting is fun” (215).
- In Smith’s words, ” . . .
- In Smith’s view, ” . . .
Where do you put page numbers in Harvard referencing?
You must include the page number(s) if you are paraphrasing the reference or quoting it, e.g. “The universe has…” (Dawkins 2012, p. 226). If you use the author’s name in your sentence because they are well-known, then place the year of publication and page number in brackets after the name, e.g. . Dawkins (2012, p.
How do you cite a script in text?
For in-text references, cite the script by the author’s last name and cite the performance by the performance name, in accordance with the works-cited-list entries.
How do you cite TikTok in Chicago?
1. TikTok video
- Present the name of the individual or group author the same as you would for any other reference.
- Provide the specific date of the post.
- Provide the first 20 words of the caption as the title.
- Include the description “[Video]” in square brackets after the title.