How do you teach students about reliable sources?
5 Tips for Helping Students of All Ages Find Credible Online…
- For Elementary School Classrooms.
- Start with basic keyword searches.
- Examine doctored photos.
- Show how to evaluate websites that are age-appropriate.
- For Middle or High School Classrooms.
- Talk about media bias.
- Talk about keyword search terms and evaluating results.
What words do you use in a performance evaluation?
Positive Words for Evaluating Employees
- Dependability: meets deadlines, is responsible, is reliable, always successful.
- Computer skills: is efficient and/or comfortable on the computer, effectively uses online sources, has advanced computer skills.
- Adaptability: can perform a variety of duties, handles many situations with ease, is comfortable with change.
How do you determine the credibility of a source?
Examine each information source you locate and assess sources using the following criteria:
- Timeliness. Your resources need to be recent enough for your topic.
- Authority. Does the information come from an author or organization that has authority to speak on your topic?
What makes good performance?
Good performance happens when the performer is able to apply themselves to the task in front of them with the exact response required for the task, and within an environment that allows that response. Operating within a system that allows the performer to do what needs to be done.
How do you evaluate the effectiveness of a lesson plan?
How do you know if your lesson plan was effective?
- Video tape yourself. It is remarkable how much we see when we review a video of ourselves delivering a lesson plan.
- Ask a trusted colleague to observe you.
- Ask a trusted colleague to read your lesson plan for you.
- Take notes during class.
- Check test scores and homework.
How do you determine validity of evidence?
Determine the reliability and validity of articles by following a process very similar to evaluating books:
- Look at the author’s credentials. For scholarly articles, this is usually pretty simple.
- Review the article’s contents.
- Examine the evidence.
- Determine bias.
What makes a great performance review?
Performance reviews should be achievement-oriented, fair and accurate, and developmental. All too often performance reviews feel punitive rather than constructive and often demotivate employees.
What type of performance review provides the best feedback?
Crucially, peer feedback can very often be the most valuable as they are the people who know you best. Colleagues work alongside you daily, collaborating on projects. Therefore, they are perhaps the best positioned to provide you with accurate feedback.