What are the two factors that affect body composition controllable?
The individual has no control over some of these factors, including developmental determinants, genetic makeup, gender, and age. Other factors that influence body weight over which the individual has potential control include level of physical activity, diet, and some environmental and social factors.
How many classes of obesity are there?
According to BMI, general population is classified in five categories: underweight (BMI < 18.5 kg/m2), normal weight (BMI 18.5-24.9 kg/m2), class I obesity – overweight (BMI 25.0-29.9 kg/m2), class II obesity – obesity (BMI 30.0-39.9 kg/m2), class III obesity – extreme obesity (BMI > 40 kg/m2).
What are the 6 types of obesity?
6 Types of Obesity
- Food Obesity.
- Thickness due to Nervous Stomach.
- Gluten diet.
- Genetic metabolic Obesity.
- Venous Circulation Obesity.
- Inactivity Obesity.
What are the environmental factors that contribute to obesity?
Recent hypotheses in the scientific community suggest the current obesity epidemic is being driven largely by environmental factors (e.g., high energy/high fat foods, fast food consumption, television watching, “super-sized” portions, etc.) rather than biological ones.
What are 3 weight management strategies?
Below are strategies to help you approach weight management with a more positive and productive mindset.
- Focus Beyond the Scale.
- Calories Count.
- Track your intake.
- Stay a Day Ahead of Your Meals.
- Here are some helpful resources for meal planning:
- Avoid “Bottom Heavy” Diets.
- Mind Your Meals (and Snacks) and Ride out Cravings.
What is the classification of obesity?
If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range. If your BMI is 18.5 to <25, it falls within the normal. If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range. If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obesity range.
What are the six factors that affect body composition?
Gender, age, race, nutrition, physical activity, and hormonal status are the main determinants of body composition. Illness may have a significant effect on body composition; malnutrition is a major complication.
What are the two main factors that change your body weight?
Factors Affecting Weight & Health
- Family history and genes. Overweight and obesity tend to run in families, suggesting that genes may play a role.
- Race or ethnicity.
- Eating and physical activity habits.
- Where you live, work, play, and worship.
- Family habits and culture.
- Not enough sleep.
What are risk factors of obesity?
Lack of physical activity, unhealthy eating patterns, not enough sleep, and high amounts of stress can increase your risk for overweight and obesity.
What are the two types of obesity?
Body Mass Index
- Overweight (not obese), if BMI is 25.0 to 29.9.
- Class 1 (low-risk) obesity, if BMI is 30.0 to 34.9.
- Class 2 (moderate-risk) obesity, if BMI is 35.0 to 39.9.
- Class 3 (high-risk) obesity, if BMI is equal to or greater than 40.0.
What are 3 factors that contribute to excess body fat?
Factors That Affect Body Fat
- Type of Activity.
- Amount of Activity.
- Tip: The highest health risk occurs when there is excess body fat around your waist, especially near your organs (also called “visceral fat”).