What is difference between compliment and comment?
Compliment – is a polite expression of praise, admiration, congratulations, encouragement or respect to someone or something. Like taking your time to say a nice gesture if it’s worth saying. Comment -is a statement where you express an opinion or reaction.
How do you use plaudit in a sentence?
(1) She’s received plaudits for her work with homeless people. (2) a new play that opened to the plaudits of the critics. (3) They acknowledged the enthusiastic plaudits of the crowd. (4) Her performance won plaudits from the critics.
How do you thank a writer?
Dear [author name], Thank you for writing [book name]. I found myself laughing all the way through it. The book was very enjoyable to read and I could relate well to [character name].
What does accolade mean in English?
1a : a mark of acknowledgment : award received the highest accolade of his profession. b : an expression of praise a movie that has drawn accolades from both fans and critics. 2a : a ceremonial embrace. b : a ceremony or salute conferring knighthood.
How do you write like an author?
9 Secrets to Writing Like a Pro
- Read like a writer. The best thing you can do to improve your writing is to read!
- Be specific. “Be specific…
- Write from a dog’s eye view.
- Be surprising.
- Use figurative language.
- Get to the point.
- Choose your words carefully.
- Play with sentence structure.
What does reprehensible mean?
Reprehensible, blameworthy, blamable, guilty, and culpable mean deserving reproach or punishment. Reprehensible is a strong word describing behavior that should evoke severe criticism.
What is another word for comment?
In this page you can discover 73 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for comment, like: commentary, remark, annotation, discuss, point out, criticize, affirm, interject, touch upon, say and bring out.
What does pronouncement mean?
usually formal declaration of opinion
What do you write in a letter to an author?
Be sure your letter has a date, salutation, body, closing, and signature. In the body of the letter, mention specific books you’ve read and tell why you enjoy them. Be sure everything is spelled correctly, neatly written, and makes sense.
What is the difference between a comment and a statement?
As verbs the difference between comments and statement is that comments is (comment) while statement is to provide an official document of a proposition, especially in the uk a statement of special educational needs.
Is it good to imitate your Favourite writers and authors?
Paradoxically, imitating the styles of other writers can help you find your own niche. If you love reading many different styles and genres of writing, you may not know what—or how—you want to write. You may even assume that you should be writing in the style or genre you most like to read.
What is a plaudit?
1 : an act or round of applause. 2 : enthusiastic approval —usually used in plural received the plaudits of the critics.
What does up mean on comments?
The Meaning of WORD UP WORD UP means “OK, I agree”
How do you write a good comment on Facebook?
Best Praising Sentences for Comment on Facebook
- You’ve outdone yourself, dynamite.
- You just made my day, hurray for you.
- Outstanding performance, you are tops.
- You deserve a star, outstanding.
- Out of sight! Two thumbs up.
- You are an inspiration, gorgeous.
- You are very responsible, exceptional.
- How thoughtful, you have got what it takes.
How do you appreciate a book author?
- This letter is a compliment to the reader for his work. It could have a direct tone with encouraging words for his efforts. You could be sincere without self-serving.
- Appreciate the writer’s good work.
- Mention what exactly you loved about his work.
- End with a note of gratitude for the writer’s work.
What is the example of comment?
To comment is to make a statement, remark or express an opinion. An example of comment is when you share your opinion on an issue. The definition of a comment is a statement or remark. An example of a comment is a statement released in the paper that someone made about a scandal going on.
How do you describe a book in good words?
Terms in this set (98)
- action-packed. full of action.
- addictive. Making someone want it so much that the person feels ill without it.
- adventurous. a person who likes adventure, takes rish to have an adventure.
- amusing. funny; enjoyable.
- astonishing. surprising, amazing, astounding.
How do you give a remark?
remark Add to list Share
- verb. make or write a comment on. synonyms: comment, notice, point out. see more.
- verb. make mention of. synonyms: mention, note, observe. see more.
- noun. explicit notice. “it passed without remark”
- noun. a statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief or adds information. synonyms: comment, input.
How do you write to your favorite author?
The Do’s and Don’ts of Writing to Your Favorite Author
- Do believe that your voice matters.
- Don’t get your hopes up that you will receive a reply.
- Do take advantage of social media.
- Don’t be rude.
- Do be specific and know what you’re talking about.
- Don’t get too personal.
- Do include your contact info….
What is another word for compliment?
What is another word for compliment?
|good word||mark of respect|
How do teachers write positive feedback?
Examples of Positive Feedback for your Child’s Teacher
- “Thank you for your hard work in supporting my son / daughter as they develop.
- “With your guidance, our son / daughter has developed into a confident and capable child.
- “Your expertise in teaching has put our minds at ease.