What is the Great Thanksgiving Listen?
The Great Thanksgiving Listen is a national education project that empowers high school students to create an oral history of the contemporary United States by recording an interview with an elder over Thanksgiving weekend using the free StoryCorps App.
What is StoryCorps connect?
Developed in March 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, StoryCorps Connect is a first-of-its kind platform that enables you to record a StoryCorps interview with a loved one remotely using video conference technology.
How many interviews are in the StoryCorps archive?
Search our collection of over 325,000 conversations Explore and add your own voice by recording with the StoryCorps App for iOS and Android.
What do you listen for in an interview?
Ways to Demonstrate Active Listening:
- Answer the question being asked. Seems obvious, but sometimes, people answer what they THINK is the question being asked.
- Your body language should show you are engaged. Lean slightly forward.
- Take notes during the interview.
- Tie your answers back to things that were said earlier.
How do you get on StoryCorps?
- Download the StoryCorps app. Follow the link on the front of the StoryCorps.me page to either the iTunes store (Apple users) or the Google Play store (Android users) to download the app to your mobile device.
- Choose an interview partner.
- Make sure you have uninterrupted time.
How many StoryCorps books have been published?
StoryCorps has released five books: Listening Is an Act of Love (2007), Mom: A Celebration of Mothers from StoryCorps, All There Is: Love Stories from StoryCorps (2012), Ties That Bind: Stories of Love and Gratitude From the First Ten Years of StoryCorps (2013), and Callings: The Purpose and Passion of Work (2016).
How do you record story on StoryCorps?
- To record a StoryCorps Connect interview, start by going to storycorps.org/connect.
- When you are ready to begin, select “Record Your Story Using StoryCorps Connect.”
Why is listening important in an interview?
Listening enables job seekers to build rapport with the interviewer because the interaction is now more give and take, instead of giving canned answers. The interview is an opportunity for both job candidate and prospective employer to check each other out.
What are the three most important keys to success in interviews?
However, to ensure interview success, you need go into it with three things: insight into the employer’s perspective, as well as an idea of what to say and what not to say. Well-crafted responses to three of the most popular interview questions will help set you up to ace any interview.
How do I do a StoryCorps interview?
Recording Your Interview
- Make sure your interviewee has consented to having his or her voice recorded using the StoryCorps app.
- Sit close together and make eye contact.
- Both participants should begin by identifying themselves and explaining their connection to each other.
- Listen closely and ask follow-up questions.
How do I find my StoryCorps interview?
Accessing the StoryCorps Archive at the Library of Congress Contact the reference desk at the American Folklife Center’s Reading Room in advance to verify that a particular interview has been processed and transferred to the Library before you visit.