Since its first edition in 1983, this rendez-vous with the best of Italian film production, has become an essential…The 2008 programme proposed by Jean A. Gili, general delegate, Alain Bichon, advisor to the programming and Sonia Todeschini, secretary-general, has attracted 23 000 fans, film buffs, and others.
For the 27th edition ofthe Annecy Italian Cinema, from 29 September to 6 October 2009 a program equally surprising is waiting for you :
– A selection of the works of the year, including a dozen feature films in competition and as many of the documentaries also presented in the context of a specific competition.
– A selection of films of the director receiving the Award Sergio Leone for his work as a whole
– A few movies of Italian heritage
– A selection in tribute to an Italian region
– A retrospective devoted to the twenty years of the Fandango Movie with a lesson of cinema, the producer Domenico Procacci
– A tribute to “Jean-Louis Trintignant, Italian actor ” with the presentation of the films of Bernardo Bertolucci, Dino Risi, Ettore Scola, Valerio Zurlini
– Pre-screenings of Italian films acquired by distributors in French and film “ events ” on the occasion of the opening night on Wednesday, September 30, and proclamation of winners in the Saturday, October 3,
– Literary encounters with Italian writers and translators
The meetings with the directors present, the debates around the films of the competition, the lesson of cinema, the symposium…
You will find all the program on the official website : www.annecycinemaitalien.com