What can I put on a baked potato instead of sour cream?
Yogurt is your best substitute for sour cream. Whether you’re baking or making a dip or sauce, yogurt is a 1:1 sub. That means if your recipe calls for 1 cup of sour cream, you can replace it with 1 cup of yogurt. Full fat Greek or natural yogurts work best, but low-fat or even nonfat can be used!
What can I put on my baked potato instead of butter?
Butter, sour cream and cheese are common toppings for baked potatoes, but the regular versions of these items are high in fat. Instead, opt for a low-fat or fat-free version to make your potato toppings healthier. Another option is fat-free, plain Greek yogurt, which is higher in protein than regular yogurt.
What do you eat with twice baked potatoes?
Main Dishes to Eat This With
- Beef. Oven-Baked Tri Tip Steak. Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs.
- Chicken. Marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs. Instant Pot Whole Chicken. BBQ Baked Chicken Wings.
- Pork. Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops. Crispy Pork Knuckle.
What side dishes go with a baked potato bar?
- Topping Ideas:
- Cheese: You can use cheddar, pepper jack, goat cheese, or mozzarella.
- Meats: Try chili, taco meat (ground beef or chicken), pulled pork, bacon, or pepperoni.
- Vegetables: Try scallions, steamed broccoli, grilled corn, grilled onions, roasted red peppers, jalapeños, avocado, or tomatoes.
What’s good on sweet potatoes?
- Brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and salt.
- Maple syrup, butter and toasted pecans.
- Sour cream, chives, salt and pepper.
- Blue cheese, walnuts and honey.
- Mini marshmallows, brown sugar and cinnamon (pop it under the broiler to toast the marshmallows a bit)
- Beef, Turkey or Veggie Chili.
- Sloppy Joe meat.
What is a healthy way to eat a baked potato?
A baked potato with a dash of salt and pepper can make a healthy side dish, but if you want to really amp up the nutrition, consider toppings that contribute protein, healthy fats and fiber. Forget the cheese, sour cream and butter and go for more nutrient-dense additions for your baked potato.
Is baked potato good for weight loss?
The fiber in baked potatoes aids with digestion and vitamin B6 helps break down carbohydrates and improves metabolism. This winning combination can be great for weight loss and weight management.
What can I put on baked potatoes instead of sour cream?
10 Baked Potato Toppings That Aren’t Plain Ol’ Sour Cream 1 Blue cheese. Blue cheese on burgers is always divine, so why not add it onto your baked potatoes too? 2 Roasted veggies. Throw some color onto your potatoes with a selection of roasted or grilled veggies like zucchini, eggplant, red peppers and more. 3 Pesto. 4 Fresh salsa.
What kind of cheese do you put on baked potatoes?
Cheese: Ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan are the big three for popular Italian cheeses. Any one of those, or a combination, would add a creamy richness to your usual baked potato. Meat: Cook and crumble your favorite meatball recipe or Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Meat for flavorful potato toppings.
What are the best toppings for baked potatoes?
Pair the meat with cheese and sauce, like cheese sauce, tomato sauce or even ranch dressing, for the ultimate baked potato. 5. Chili Chili is another entrant into classic potato toppings.
What do you put on a baked potato salad?
Optional: Sour cream, butter, crumbled bacon, minced chives, guacamole, shredded cheddar cheese and minced fresh cilantro Scrub potatoes; pierce each several times with a fork. In a small bowl, mix butter and garlic. Rub potatoes with butter mixture. Wrap each tightly with a piece of foil.