How much does it cost to hunt deer in Florida?
License and permit exemptions
|Hunting Permits and Related Licenses (Resident and Nonresident)||Annual||5-Year (Residents only)|
|Archery Season Permit||$5.00||$25.00|
|Crossbow Season Permit||$5.00||$25.00|
|Muzzleloading Gun Season Permit||$5.00||$25.00|
Where can I hunt deer in Florida?
Hunting Florida’s national wildlife refuges (NWR)
- Chassahowitzka NWR, 1502 Southeast Kings Bay Dr., Crystal River, FL 34429; 352-563-2088.
- Ten Thousand Islands NWR, 12085 State Road 29 South, Immokalee FL 34142; 239-657-8001.
- Lower Suwannee NWR, 16450 NW 31st Place, Chiefland, FL 32626; 352-493-0238.
What is a Red moon for deer hunting?
“There are a handful of what I call red moon days,” says Hays, “when the moon is peaking overhead or is underfoot right at primetime, within 2-3 hours of dark, and those are the dates when there’s the best chance of mature animals moving during daylight.”
Where can I hunt deer in Florida without a quota?
No-quota permit WMAs to hunt Osceola wild turkeys
- Big Bend WMA – Jena Unit.
- Big Cypress WMA.
- Green Swamp WMA.
- Herky Huffman/Bull Creek WMA.
- W. Corbett WMA.
- Jumper Creek WMA.
- Kissimmee Chain of Lakes Area.
- Kissimmee River Public Use Area.
What part of Florida has the best hunting?
Best Hunting Spots in Florida
- Apalachicola National Forest. Located in the Florida Panhandle, this forest is just less than 600,000 acres.
- Roberts Ranch. Looking to spend a little time on a guided hunt?
- Rutting in Florida.
- Merritt Island NWR.
- Lake Okeechobee.
Does Florida have a deer hunting season?
Season Dates (2021): Florida deer hunting seasons are pretty complex. General gun season is September 18 to October 17 and November 20 to January 2 (Zone A), December 4 to February 20 (Zone B), November 6 to January 23 (Zone C), and November 25-28 and December 11 to February 20 (Zone D).
Is deer hunting better during a full moon?
Another theory offers that during the full moon, deer move more at night and less during the day. While it’s not pronounced, my personal observation from over 40 years of whitetail hunting and study has been that daytime deer activity does seem to decline during the full moon.
What moon phase are deer most active?
Most hunters, however, put more stock in the moon’s position than any of its phases. “The hunters I talk to generally like a rising moon or setting moon that coincides with dawn and dusk,” Kenyon said. “If the moon rises during the final hour of daylight or sets late in the morning, they expect increased deer activity.